Healthy snack tips for 2012
From the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, here are some snack tips for the new year.
- Chopped raw vegetables and dip.
- Breadsticks or pita chips with hummus.
- Pretzels or popcorn.
- Tortilla chips, bean dip.
- Toasted whole grain breads or crackers with fruit spread or nut butters.
- Graham crackers or gingersnaps dipped in applesauce.
- Mini rice cakes with peanut butter.
- Apple slices with hazelnut butter.
- Fresh fruit.
- Dried fruit, especially raisins.
- Frozen bananas blended with a little non-dairy milk.
- Nuts, especially mixed with dried fruit.
- Homemade muffins or cornbread.
- Fresh soybeans (edamame).
- Bite-sized tofu cubes.